Monthly Archives: November 2012
Are you looking for a kick butt workout? Give spinning a try!! It’s intense, great for your glutes and your legs!! Here are a few reasons to give spinning a try.
1.They’re more fun than most classes. Well at least in my opinion! I have no coordination, so a step class, or a kick boxing class are out for this gal!! I have always found spinning fun, high energy and a challenge!
2. Indoor cycling classes make you a better cyclist. If you like hitting the roads and paths in the nicer months of the year, indoor options can keep you trained.
3. People who spin are eage, and motiviated!! When others are working hard, it makes you want to work hard.
4. You have your own space!! WOO HOO!!! With indoor cycling, everyone has their own bike, and you never crash into your fellow cycler.
5. It a serious calorie burn!! The number of calories burned depends on your body weight, so let’s do some quick math. This is rough, but if you take your weight in pounds, and multiply that by 0.4, that’s how many calories you burn per hour just living. If you weigh 150 pounds you’ll burn 60 calories an hour on the couch. Trade that couch for a stationary bike and the numbers go way up. AND for moderate effort means you multiply those 60 calories by 7, for a total of 420 calories burned per hour. Go at a hard effort, and you can multiply it by 10, for a total burn of 600 calories per hour. Remember this is based on a woman weighing a 150 pounds.
6. It can give you a great looking butt and legs. And who wouldn’t like that? Think about it, when you’re going hard, mimicking hill training, it goes beyond aerobic training and makes the larger muscle fibers work, developing excellent muscle tone. Since you are focusing on your lower body, you might want to get some weight training in as well.
7. You’re not the only one sweating buckets, EVERYONE is!!
8. No one knows how hard you’re working. So if you need to back off on the resistance you can. You should never feel intimidated by the fit peeps in your class. You will get there one day! Everyone’s got to start somewhere and the joy of cycling is you work at your own pace! WARNING, make you that you don’t keep the tension so loose that your legs whip around too fast, that can cause injury! You need to decide how much you crank the bike tension based on what you feel you can
I promised a picture of the Kinesis Wall, and I have been slack with the blog. It was bound to happen, I only maintain three blogs. Ha ha
Here is what the wall looks like.
And you are thinking to yourself, wow that doesn’t look like much. Oh ya!? Try doing a 30 minute circuit. By the time I am done, I am a sweaty mess! And I only do a 30 minute circuit. I only sweat like that after a 60 minute spin class.